Elderly dogs and dogs with certain physical limitations cannot go out for long walks. In such cases, a stroller can help you. Some have found it more convenient than carriers.
I understand that you may have never bought such things before, and therefore do not know what to look for. That’s why I wrote this buyer’s guide with reviews of the several best dog strollers.
- Review of the best strollers for dogs
- Best Overall – Pet Gear NO-ZIP Stroller
- Best value – Best Pet
- Cheap dog stroller from Maylai
- Best dog stroller for large dogs – Petbobi
- Premium, heavy-duty dog stroller – HPZ Pet Rover
- Best multifunctional pet stroller 5-in-1
- Premium Pet Bike Trailer & Stroller from Doggyhut
- Run Performance Jogging Sports Stroller HPZ Pet Rover
- Best Pet Stroller for two animals
- Paws & Pals Double Pet Stroller
- Buyer’s guide
- When can I use a doggy stroller?
Review of the best strollers for dogs
Quick Pick Table
Last update on 2022-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Overall – Pet Gear NO-ZIP Stroller
I liked this stroller from the famous Pet Gear brand because it has a door that closes with latches instead of a zipper. Zippers often fail and dogs also open them.
What else I liked:
- the low entrance, the dog will be able to get in on its own, it doesn’t need to be lifted;
- 2 entrances (front and back);
- 1 button is enough to open the door;
- spacious cabin;
- folds down in seconds;
- handle height is adjustable;
- sturdy construction;
- Air Ride tires provide extra comfort for your pet and provide an easy ride.
The Pet Gear stroller is good for dogs up to 30 pounds or for multiple pets.
Best value – Best Pet
If you are looking for a cheap stroller, this is probably the best option. Plus, it’s a quality product, judging by the number of positive comments.
What I like:
- the comfortable 360 wheels;
- easy folding mechanism;
- spacious but compact cabin;
- lightweight (11 lbs);
- frame is made of durable aluminum alloy;
- waterproof nylon fabric;
- cushioned interior bottom;
- 7 colors to choose from.
This will fit pets up to 30 lbs.
Cheap dog stroller from Maylai
This is a relatively inexpensive and good stroller for dogs under 33 pounds. I liked that it is not bulky, but still quite roomy.
Advantages of the Maylai pet stroller:
- 360° rotating front wheels with cushioning;
- attractive design;
- comes in 3 beautiful colors;
- manufacturer offers a lifetime money-back service;
- multifunctional cup holder;
- built-in safety strap;
- comfortable soft handle.
Best dog stroller for large dogs – Petbobi
According to the instructions, this stroller will fit large dogs up to 100 pounds. But in fact, not every large dog will fit in it. Better to orient to the size.
What I like:
- stable and sturdy due to the thickened steel frame and 4 pairs of rubber wheels;
- easily folds up cabin for compact storage (like a tent);
- the dog can get in and out of the stroller by itself;
- height-adjustable handle;
- 360° swivel wheels provide maneuverability;
- easy to clean material;
- easy assembly;
- comfortable foam handle.
Premium, heavy-duty dog stroller – HPZ Pet Rover
This is a premium, heavy-duty dog stroller featuring high quality and functionality. It is suitable for small to medium-sized dogs up to 75 lbs. The size of the interior compartment can be adjusted to the size of your pet.
What I like:
- It closes without zippers, with snaps, which is more convenient and secure;
- parts of the stroller are made of impact-resistant and rust-resistant materials;
- the wheels allow to move comfortably on different surfaces, including sand, grass, and gravel;
- the suspension and premium wheels reduce vibrations while riding, making you more comfortable;
- weather resistance canopy + polyurethane-coated inner fabric (abrasion resistance, water & dirt resistance, tear strength);
- foam-coated handle;
- can be easily folded with one hand;
- includes 2 washable pads.
Best multifunctional pet stroller 5-in-1
This is a multifunctional stroller for small to medium-sized dogs up to 16 pounds. I think it’s worth the money because you’re buying 3 items at once: a stroller, a carrier, and a dog car seat.
Too bad it’s only suitable for small dogs.
What I like:
- 5 colors to choose from;
- folds up with one hand;
- compact design; stroller assembles and disassembles in minutes;
- adjustable handle;
- lightweight (even a child can manage it);
- made following the standards for baby carriages;
- the product has been quality tested by SGS;
- the top window can be closed so that the dog feels more secluded;
- a tether with a carabiner to keep your pet safe;
- easy handling (front wheels rotate 360 degrees).
Premium Pet Bike Trailer & Stroller from Doggyhut
This is a doggy stroller that can also be used as a trailer. You need to remove the front wheel and attach the stroller to the bike to ride with your dog. The manufacturer offers 3 sizes – medium, large and X-Large.
What I like:
- you can customize the size to fit your pet (up to 100 pounds);
- waterproof, durable and easy to clean fabric;
- comes in 3 colors (blue, lime green, red);
- this can be detached from the wheels and used as a crate, even for transporting the dog in the car.
Run Performance Jogging Sports Stroller HPZ Pet Rover
This dog stroller is made especially for jogging sports. This is a premium quality stroller, so it is not cheap.
The manufacturer only offers 1 size for dogs up to 50 lbs.
What I liked:
- quality materials (100% polyester and aluminum);
- aerodynamic design, long-wheel base, three air-filled performance rubber tires, and other features designed to make it comfortable to run;
- easy to fold and unfold with one hand;
- wheels allow you to move comfortably on a variety of surfaces, including sand, grass, and gravel;
- premium suspension and wheels reduce vibrations while riding, making the ride more comfortable;
- weather resistance canopy + polyurethane-coated inner fabric (abrasion resistance, water & dirt resistance, tear strength).
Best Pet Stroller for two animals
This is an inexpensive stroller for two animals, but it has a lot of positive reviews, which is a sign of good quality. I like its compact and comfortable design.
Each section will hold dogs up to 25 pounds.
What I like:
- easy one-handed folding;
- light weight – only 16 lbs;
- safety leashes for dogs;
- removable, washable carriers and interior pads;
- 2 doors (side and top).
Paws & Pals Double Pet Stroller
This is also a stroller for two dogs, but with a different design. Some have noted that this design is more comfortable and durable. Each seat can hold animals weighing up to 50 pounds!
What I liked:
- is relatively inexpensive;
- sturdy frame;
- sturdy nylon protects against wind and rain;
- comfortable cushioned mattress;
- the bottom basket can be easily removed and washed or removed at all if you do not need it;
- canopies can be opened or closed, depending on the weather.
What the best stroller for dogs should be:
- lightweight and compact so it’s easy to move with;
- with a simple folding mechanism and a sturdy frame;
- with a washable removable cover that can be easily removed and washed in the washing machine;
- well ventilated;
- safe (for example, some strollers have a built-in leash and safety zipper locks to prevent the dog from opening them).
Ideally, the size of the section should be adjustable. That way you won’t miscalculate the size. It is also better to look for strollers with an adjustable handle so you can adjust it to your height.
When can I use a doggy stroller?
Some people are hesitant about whether or not to buy a stroller. It all depends on the situation. In some cases, alternative methods of transporting your dog simply won’t work.
A doggy stroller can be useful for a variety of purposes:
- for transporting elderly and sick dogs who have difficulty with mobility;
- for transporting dogs who are recovering from surgery;
- visiting malls or cafes (to keep your dog under control);
- to run with your pet;
- to move outdoors when it rains;
- to walk with an anxious dog who is afraid of the street.
Transporting a dog in a carrier can be hard because it puts a strain on your back. A stroller makes it easier and gives you more freedom.
Can you use a baby stroller as a dog stroller?
Baby strollers are not suitable for dogs because they are constructed differently. The dog must be enclosed and strapped in for a safe journey.
Do dogs like riding in strollers?
In general, it’s a joy for furry babies to ride in a stroller. But, of course, there may be some who don’t want to ride. It’s all individual.
Can I take my dog to a market in a stroller?
Every market has its own rules.